Sunday, April 19, 2009

"Mom, we found a frog!"

The kids like looking in the green sprinkler system covers for frogs. Yesterday, with the neighbor kids, they were successful! The lovingly put it in a Gatorade bottle, punched a hole in the lid for air, and carried it around to everyone who would look. None of the kids would actually touch it, so they used a black tube to scoop it up and put it in the jar.

Close up of Mr. Frog in his cage
They all decided to release him into the wild after I told them that wild things don't belong at home. Here he is, hopping away.
If only he knew that I saved him from a sad death in a jar!

2 comments:

cjdustin said...

Frogs are so cute. I just love the little guys!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

I remember when my kids were younger, they found a frog and put it in a baby food jar, then left it in the yard and forgot about it in the hot sun. When they returned, they were devistated that it was now a fried frog. Thanks for letting this one go.