Friday, April 3, 2009

It Happened At the Gym

When I got back to my car this morning after my run, this is what I found. The "perp" smashed the window to steal my gym bag. Fortunately, I am one of those lame people who don't keep anything in my bag, so all they got was a grungy water bottle, a couple of used chapsticks, half a package (thanks to Ellie) of chewy energy gels, and my membership card. And the smelly gym bag! Yeah, that was worth smashing a window for....

Tiffany's bag was still in the front seat, believe it or not.

Beyond the surprising humiliation of driving a car with a broken window, this is not that big a deal. Inconvenient, for sure, but at least I'm not having to cancel credit cards this morning! And my next gym bag will be big enough to fit my cycle shoes. See, a bright spot to every problem.

2 comments:

Tess said...

Very nice attitude! Sorry for the inconvenience and the rude shock of it all.

cjdustin said...

That is so lame! I'm glad you didn't lose anything valuable. That parking lot is a perfect place for "perps" to do that. All dark and lots of shrubs. Your bag is probably across the street in a bush where the guy tossed it after he didn't find anything good in it. Sorry.