Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who Knew That Cream of Wheat Would Be Traumatizing?



I decided to change our breakfast routine a little and avoid cold cereal for a whole week.  Which means more work for me, but hopefully less expensive and more filling breakfasts for everyone else.  Yesterday everyone had oatmeal (except John, who would gag.)  This morning, I decided to try Cream of Wheat, which I remember from my childhood, but I don't think the kids have ever had.  (And I bought the whole grain kind, too, so it's brownish.)  This was Seth's response to something new:



He was climbing all over me, complaining that he never gets to eat what he wants, and why can't he eat Cheerios for breakfast?  When I got out the camera, he went on the run, and hid from me. 
Finally, I got him to try it, and he ate it all up.  Must have been the sugar I put in.  It probably nullifies the other health benefits, but at least they ate it.

4 comments:

Dannielle said...

I love cream of wheat...I haven't had that in a long time - maybe I will have to get some and yes sugar definitely helps.

Nicole Jackson said...

I love cream of wheat also, and most of my kids do too! I'm the same as you though always feeding my children cereal, maybe someday i'll actually make them breakfast every morning, or NOT!

cjdustin said...

I bet they wish they could have Texas Waffles everyday!

Sarah said...

We use to have Oatmeal and Cream of Wheat twice a week growing up. I couldn't stand it! Drown it in milk and drink it up fast, was my solution! I can stomach oatmeal as an adult, but we just tried cream of wheat (homemade version) this week. The lumps made me gag! I felt like I was 12 again! but we'll try it again! all my kids loved it! I think they are CRAZY! Brown Sugar is a must!!!