Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Last night, John and I were selecting our health benefits for next year. As I read through the materials that had been sent by HP, I found the following paragraph:

"Change to domestic partner eligibility. Starting January 1, HP benefit programs will no longer offer coverage for opposite-sex domestic partners or their children....There is no change to benefits elegibility for same-sex domestic partners."

WHAT???!!!

So if you are simply not married, you can no longer receive benefits under HP's plan, but if you're gay, you still qualify. Hurry up and get married, people!!!

We have now officially crossed the line where the homosexual minority receives more rights than the rest of us. How's that for liberalism?

3 comments:

The Moarefdoust Family said...

That's CRAZY!!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Just doesn't make sense, does it?

cjdustin said...

Hell in a handbasket is all I can say! At least Al Franken is not a member of the US Senate. Maybe there is some hope. On a lighter note, I love your background!