Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Dad, you have always been one of my greatest blessings. While I'm sure you know I love you, I bet you don't know why. Let me tell you:

You are a gentle, loving spirit. While you don't like people very much, you have always deeply loved your family. When you talk about us, you always cry.

You have always given me counsel without a lecture. You just kindly direct me and let me make the correct choice on my own. When I was preparing for a mission, and scared, you helped me find the strength I needed to go.

You love my mother.

You have a great sense of humor and you laugh easily. I love your puns! You remind me of the fun things we did when we were growing up.

You like books, which helped me to develop the same love of reading. I probably studied English largely because you and Mom did.

Because of your example, I was able to find a loving husband to marry. They say that daughters who have dads who love them are more likely to have healthy relationships of their own. Thank you for loving me.

You always make me feel like I'm a good person, even when I'm struggling.

Thank you for raising me in the gospel. That is a priceless gift, and your example and testimony have strengthened me throughout my life.

I love talking about politics with you. It's entertaining, and you remember things (historically) that I can't because you're older than me.

Even though I am married with a family of my own, I still need my dad!

No comments: