So, I've now tried three new recipes from the afore-mentioned cookbook. It's GOLD! I made Skillet Lasagna, which is a short version of real lasagna with all of the taste. My family gobbled up the whole thing! Tonight I made Skillet Chicken Pot Pie, which is basically a chicken stew with biscuits or pie crust on top. Following the recipe in the book, I made homemade biscuits to top it, but you could do refrigerated rolls or pie crust if you wanted. It was easy and my family enjoyed it. We also tried a family-size omelet, which I thought was great, but we overcooked it a little, so John didn't enjoy it as much. We just need to try it again, and I think he'll love that too.
I have learned, but am being reminded by this book, that fresh herbs rather than dried make a lot of difference to the flavor of a dish. I really like them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment