Friday, May 2, 2008

Big Decisions

On Friday, John was informed that HP is moving all the IT people here (there are 79 left) to other HP sites. Our options are: move, look for a job within HP here in Vancouver, or leave and look for a job elsewhere. I think we have pretty much decided that moving is going to be the best option for our family. Now the real problem is, while they have given us a choice of 10 places we could go, the moving incentives really only apply to Austin, TX. I'm not sure I can be a Texas girl, but we plan on going to check it out. The Church seems to be well-established there, and we would be about 3 hours from John's brother, who lives outside Dallas. It's an adventure!



6 comments:

Nicole Jackson said...

We would be so sad to loose you!!! I had a roommate from college who was a Texan and very proud of it. I've only visited the airport, so I'm not sure what it's like at all! Good Luck with your future decisions and know that if you leave you will be very missed!

Steph said...

WHAT?!?!?! I had no idea that y'all were planning on moving! We will miss you so much if that is the choice you decide to make.

The Moarefdoust Family said...

Knowing from recent experience, it's so hard to leave behind family and good friends. This would be a great time for you, since your kids are still young. We had to look at it as an adventure and I'm sure the Lord will guide you to where you need to be and will bless you for it.
~Lisa

Allison said...

Yep, I just discovered more friends I can blog-stalk since moving. I can't believe you'll be moving. Things keep changing. Good luck!

cjdustin said...

I am so sad! But, honestly, if Nathan had his choice of places to move, it would be Austin. He loves it in Texas. I think you could have fun there after all...that is where Lance Armstrong is from so you know there are some good rides. But I am really sad for me...:(

jrushing said...

How saddie! We will miss you! I have heard good things about Texas although I am with you about not sure you want to be a Texan girl!