Thursday, January 22, 2009

This is How We Homeschool


Taking a page from the "Weiss Homeschool Manual" I like to send the kids out to play as long as the weather is cooperative. They love being outside. During the snow, Hannah was out in the snow every day for hours. Yesterday they pulled out all Dad's extra wood and "built" things--a campfire complete with seats around it, a seesaw, and they attempted a house. And they cleaned up the mess at the end! How's that for creative homeschooling?

4 comments:

The Moarefdoust Family said...

They were playing outside in just a jacket? I'm sooo jelouse!!!

Elder and Sister Schlager said...

Good morning, Tamara
Your dad and I are SO grateful that you have decided to teach your children at home---Thank you, thank you. This posting just confirmed something we were talking about this morning. It seems, from what I see in the youth, that a very large percentage of them are either using prescription drugs and/or have been diagnosed as bi-polar. As we tried to understand the need for this, one of the things we discussed was the high level of STRESS our children have to deal with all the time, in the public schools. YOURS look happy, relaxed, and productive!!

Mom

Tess said...

Looks fun! Yesterday Jack was experimenting with garbage bag parachutes going off the landing. I loved watching him figure out what he wanted to do and what he was trying to learn from it.

The Morgans said...

How Fun!