
With Hannah's 7th birthday approaching, accompanied by requests for a big party and lots of presents in an ever-changing list, I decided to change our approach to birthdays. "We are family-party people," I said. And then I allowed her to choose one family outing. Hannah opted for Glow Golf at the mall, which we did the night before her birthday. The kids actually enjoyed it, and we had a nice time together. For her birthday, we invited the Youngs for birthday cake and presents, and then Emily was invited to stay for a "late-over." The girls ate treats, watched a movie in their fort, played Webkinz, and enjoyed the evening together. Hannah had a great time, and I didn't have to entertain eight or more girls, decorate, plan activities or prepare goody bags. Sorry to those of you who think friend parties are really important, but this is SO much easier!











1 comment:
Not a scrooge--just simple. I enjoy those kind of parties too. I don't do the big friend parties every year and I love it. Just making the day special in some way for Hannah is enough to make her very happy I'm sure.
Post a Comment