Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nature Hike at Battle Ground Lake





Tiffany and I decided to take the kids on an outing today....I don't know why we do it, it's just too stressful sometimes to get them ready and then drive anywhere. But we did, and I haven't been to Battle Ground Lake in years, so I thought maybe the kids would enjoy the little hike around it and then lunch in the park. It's a great place to explore nature, with trees and lots of great undergrowth. Some of the trees have fallen and are in various stages of decay, which the kids found interesting. Parts of the path are rocky and bumpy because of the tree roots, which was a little more difficult for Seth and Natalie to negotiate. We had a few falls, but still a great time. And they were hungry for lunch and really enjoyed the playground. I will be sad when my kids outgrow playgrounds!





1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Even with the stressful morning, it turned out to be a great outing! It's a must do again...someday!