Hannah's class wrote about water for the Clark County Public Works' Clean Water Program. All of the prose and poetry was printed in a book, and we received a copy of it. Here's her poem:
"I and my family went to the Columbia River.
I swimbed. I saw rocks and ducks.
I feeded the birds.
We played in the sand. It was hot.
My cousins came too.
We ate hot dogs and ate plums too and drinks.
Then we pretend that the wet sand was poop.
That would be gross!
It was fun!
Then we played in the water. It was fun!
I saw birds in the sky!"
This was a pilot project encouraging students to reflect on their connection to the environment and local watershed through creative writing. Spelling and grammar add to the charm. No edits have been made except where necessary for readability.
I'm so thrilled that my daughter wrote about poop for all to enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the poem! Especially the poop part! My boys would be pretending the same thing!
Potty talk is always a favorite at this age. Isn't it cute ;)
Post a Comment