Sunday, April 13, 2008

Seth's 3rd Birthday Party

The train cake did not come to fruition. Saturday night at Walmart is just not the time to make those complicated decisions about what kind of cargo it needs, how much candy to buy, and if I need new cake pans. As a result, I decided to make a homemade chocolate birthday cake with the BEST dark chocolate frosting EVER, with a Cars theme. I found Cars plates and napkins, and Seth thought it was the greatest. He was next to me every step of the way, from mixing, to watching it bake in the oven, to frosting (and licking the spatula clean) and decorating. He even approved the placement of the vehicles. This is the finished product. It was excellent!






















Seth received wonderful presents from both grandparents. They seem to know him well! Anything with wheels is perfectly acceptable, and will get lots of use in our toy room. For some reason, even the girls will play with his toys, which is often annoying for Seth.



For our gift, we plan on doing something together as family this week. He hasn't decided if he wants a train ride, or games at Chuck E. Cheese, or bowling. TBD....



Three is a great age, and Seth is a joy. He reasons and thinks clearly, and speaks in complete sentences. However, his fingers don't always cooperate--he's working on showing that he's three now.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SETH! We love you!

1 comment:

Dannielle said...

I am so excited - I found your blog on Christy's page I think. Yae! Let me know if you have trouble finding mine.