Thursday, April 17, 2008

Flat Stanley

A few months ago, the kids' cousin, Faith, sent a Flat Stanley as part of a project she was doing in kindergarten. We finally went out and did something; hopefully it got there on time. I took the kids up to Multnomah Falls with Flat Stanley and took pictures of them to send to Faith. The falls are 620 feet high, and that day was sunny, but since the falls are tucked inside the mountain a bit, it was completely in the shade. That's why the kids look cold.


It turned out to be a great homeschool field trip, because we hiked up to the little bridge that goes across, and talked about the greenery along the way, what makes the water fall down, why it's colder near the water, and so on. We also had a little budgeting lesson in the gift shop: "No, we can't buy that. Do you have money with you?" So, thanks, Faith, for the opportunity to get out for the day! (And notice the striped tights! I LOVE them!)

1 comment:

jrushing said...

Hey there!! We did a "Flat Stella" project for my neice! I haven't posted it yet but maybe someday I will! It is good to see you in blog world! Julie