Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Last Days of Summer


I like winters in the Northwest: the rain, the early dark evenings, the moderate (above freezing) temperatures. I even like running in the rain on occasion. However, I am also a big fan of summers in the Northwest, and I am enjoying the last few warm days. Today we took our lunch and our school to a quiet park and had a great time together. Seth and Ellie colored while Hannah worked on her reading, we did some nature study, and they had recess in between. We actually accomplished quite a bit, because we were the only ones there and we didn't have any distractions. I wish I had realized sooner that our homeschool doesn't always have to stay home!

2 comments:

The Morgans said...

Me TOO!!!! Not so much the early evenings, and lots of rain but I am enjoying the rest of the summer

Unknown said...

Interesting!