John and I watched an old Disney flick last night called "Night Crossing." It's about two families in East Germany who yearn for freedom so badly that they risk everything to build a hot air balloon and fly out of the country. Their journey was epic, but what really touched me was how much freedom they didn't have. The couples worked and had comfortable homes, but they couldn't trust their neighbors or coworkers. If they spoke out in any way against the government, people could come in the night and take them away. We enjoy so much freedom in this country, and we don't have to live in fear. I am truly grateful for that.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Freedom
John and I watched an old Disney flick last night called "Night Crossing." It's about two families in East Germany who yearn for freedom so badly that they risk everything to build a hot air balloon and fly out of the country. Their journey was epic, but what really touched me was how much freedom they didn't have. The couples worked and had comfortable homes, but they couldn't trust their neighbors or coworkers. If they spoke out in any way against the government, people could come in the night and take them away. We enjoy so much freedom in this country, and we don't have to live in fear. I am truly grateful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment