This is the last weekend of boating before school starts. But since we live in Texas, we will probably still be boating into the middle of October.
And the BIG NEWS is...
We have enrolled all the children in public school this year, and they are starting tomorrow! They are all SO excited, and I am SO sad. My reasons for homeschooling haven't changed, and if this does not turn out to be all that we hope it is, they will be back home.
It has been a really busy week, because we decided on Monday to enroll Seth, and then the girls really wanted to go, too, so I enrolled them Tuesday, and we spent the rest of the week getting everything together for them to be ready to start. In our district, the elementary teachers come around to your house to meet your children a couple of days before school starts, and that is how you find out who their teachers will be. We were super impressed with the teachers that came for Ellie and Seth.
Hannah will be in middle school, and one of the reasons I am okay with her going is that she can be in the orchestra. The program here is supposed to be really good, and her orchestra teacher was thrilled to hear she has already had two years of private violin, so she will be in the 8th grade orchestra.
Friday we went over for a couple of hours while they gave the sixth graders their schedules and lockers and school ID cards. Then we took Ellie and Seth to their classrooms to get them set up and ready for the year. I still can't believe they will suddenly all be gone all day, all at once. No break-in period, no half-day kindergarten to get used to it, no sending them off one at a time as they get old enough.
They are growing up, and we are so proud of them!





3 comments:
Wow. I'm so shocked! Is it going to be ok for the kids to miss school right of the bat for the reunion? Caleb's just going away for half-day preschool and I'm nearly dying, I can't imagine how you must feel. Can't wait to see y'all and hear about these school adventures.
Wow, Tamara! Tiffany told me you had decided to put them into public school. I hope it turns out well and the kids do amazingly well. Your kiddos are getting so big.
TOTAL CUTENESS!!! and may I say I am jealous that you can boat in October! and...I can't wait to hear how school went!
Post a Comment