Monday, September 12, 2011

Me and 100,994 Others




We went to see BYU play the University of Texas Longhorns in Longhorn Stadium!  It was awesome.  Truly.  I haven't been to a live football game since my freshman year.  I bought season tickets that year and hated every minute of it.  But John humored me and we decided to go when we heard the Cougars were coming to town.  We sat in one of the BYU sections, right at the top of the endzone, and the view was pretty great.  That's downtown Austin in the background.  I was always impressed by Cougar stadium, which seats about 60,000, but this one puts it to shame.  101,000 people were there!  It was HUGE!  In Texas, football is all about the money, and UT has plenty of it.

The best part was, I actually know more about football than I thought I did.  And BYU did great the first half.  Then Texas put in their "real players" and we lost at the end by one point.  It was a great game, and I might become a football fan after all! 

BYU plays TCU in October in the Dallas Cowboys stadium, which I've heard is awesome.  We might take the kids and go all together.  What fun we're having in Texas!


2 comments:

Hil said...

You should totally go to that game, Cowboys Stadium is AWESOME! Go early and do the tour, the kids would love it :)

cjdustin said...

I was wondering if you were at that game! So fun. I also have that BYU T-shirt in grey. I always knew you had good taste!