Monday, April 18, 2011

My Grandma


My grandma was the last person we said "goodbye" to the day we left Vancouver.  She said it was one of the saddest days of her life, and I felt so guilty for moving my children so far away from her.  She has been a major part of my life, my whole life, and I was so grateful for all the times she let me bring my children and visit her.  They loved spending time at her house just as much as I did.

After we moved away, she sold her home and moved to Rexburg so she could be near my uncle.  Then I didn't feel quite so guilty for leaving.

On Friday, the kids received little Easter packages from her with personal notes written inside the coloring books.  Friday night my dad called to tell me she was dying and wouldn't make it through the night.  She did pass away late Friday night.  We all thought Grandma would be here another ten years, and my only regret is that I didn't take the kids to see her one last time in Rexburg.  I thought we had time.

I miss my grandmother, and I am thankful for the great legacy of family that she and Grandpa built for all of us.  Although we are spread all over the country now, we are bound together by their love and faith, and the experiences we shared at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  And now she won't be lonely anymore.

Read my cousin's tribute here.

4 comments:

The Moarefdoust Family said...

Oh that's so sad! Thank goodness we know that Families are Forever!!

wendyhcd said...

What a beautiful tribute to Grandma, Tamara. It was so great to get to know you and your adorable kids better this weekend. Wish we could have seen your hubby too. Are you on Facebook? If not, I'll check here to get updates on your family. BTW, if you get a chance to email me the vegetarian gravy recipe, my email is
wendychristiandunn@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you anytime. And please look us up if you guys are ever in NYC. I loved interacting with your kids. I miss them already! XO

The Morgans said...

I am sorry to here that. We love you.

cjdustin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's so great when grandmas are such a big part of our lives but it makes it harder to lose them.