Monday, October 25, 2010

A Fabulous Day!


Look at these happy faces!   The kids loved every minute of Sea World.  We went to all the shows, rode a couple of little rollercoasters, and just had a great day together.

The sea lion show was really campy and cute.

 At the end, the walrus came out and showed us how to do crunches.

Up


and Down.


 The Orca show was my favorite--we saw them perform twice.  One of the things I enjoyed the most was the trainers and how they interact with the whales.


 Sea World San Antonio had a new baby whale born in January.  Here she is with her mama.

 The last show was saw was the whales, and John and the kids wanted to sit way down front in the "Splash Zone."  I elected to stay at the top where it's dry.  After the whales splashed the audience, I could see Seth stand up in indignation and complain to his dad.  He was so mad!  Now he knows what "Splash Zone" means--not damp, not wet, but SOAKED!

The kids rode their first rollercoaster called Journey to Atlantis.  As far as rollercoasters go, it was pretty tame, but the whole way up to the top, I kept thinking, "What am I doing???"  We all got wet, which of course, made Seth mad.  But not as mad as the ride--he didn't like that feeling you get in your stomach, and told me he felt like he was going to "puke."  John and the girls rode it again, but Seth and I stayed on the ground and watched!

We left the park about 9:30, and everyone was asleep in the car by the time we got back to the hotel.  It was a really great day.  And we are close enough, we bought passes to go back again all year!

2 comments:

cjdustin said...

What a fun trip to San Antonio. That is where I went on my honeymoon. We were at SeaWorld and I got to be a volunteer to help the trainers. I ended up getting soaked but it was worth it! I don't think they do that anymore so it was a fun treat to be that close.

Dannielle said...

How fun! That is a great day...that mommy and baby whale were so cute.