
Little Ellie, who is turning seven next month, has been assigned to give a talk in Primary on Sunday. This will be her third talk this year, so she's getting quite good at it. Usually I write it and pick out the pictures for her and then practice with her so she knows what to say. The topic is "Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and He is a God of miracles." So I asked her what that means, and she decided to give her talk on some of the miracles that Jesus performed while He was on the earth. She listed five miracles that she remembered, asked me to find the scriptures for them, and then she found pictures to go with each one. She sat down on the couch and looked up each scripture all by herself and read it, matching the pictures to the scripture.
I will help her consolidate and get everything down on paper so she can give the talk, but I think this was a great exercise in helping her learn to do a talk all on her own. And the confidence she will gain through this--PRICELESS!

1 comment:
THAT'S homeschooling!
Post a Comment