Tuesday, June 15, 2010

First Boat Trip of the Season

Boating can be very stressful for me.  When I am unsure of our environment, when the weather is bad, or if the water is choppy, or when there is too much work involved, I am a reluctant boater.  However, because of our "research" a couple of weeks ago, I knew what to expect at our new lake, Lake Georgetown.  Friday night we did all the work to wash the boat and get it ready--it was DISGUSTING from being in storage.  Let's just say little animal footprints were the least of its problems.

Saturday morning we drove up to the lake, where we were one of the first boats out there, and had a great morning.  The nice thing about Texas in the summer is, when you wake up it's already 80 degrees, so if you head out at 8:00, you already wish you were in the water.  The other nice thing is that the lake is about the same temperature as our outdoor swimming pool.  It felt great!  It was windy, so we didn't ski or anything, but the kids used our new tube and had a great time.  Seth was wanting to go faster!  I think swimming regularly in a pool is making the kids a lot more confident in the water.  Even Seth swam a little bit.

We had a relaxing morning on the boat, which I didn't think would ever happen in Texas!  So come for a visit, because we are now officially ready to show you a good time!


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That tube is HUGE! I'm glad you had a better Saturday on your boat than we did!

cjdustin said...

Boating always gives me stress too! Nathan says life is too short to stress. We just got home from Shasta and had a great time with the new boat. After the boat burns up in a fire your not so worried about a couple of scratches. Funny...