Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cousins and "The Spooky Old Tree"

I loved having my cousins come up from San Antonio for the weekend.  We played hard, got sunburned (again!), and had a great time together.  It's nice spending time with family, and getting to know Kimberly as an adult.  She's a great mom and wife, and I admire her a lot. 


We pulled the tube with all these critters on it.  This tube is HUGE!  Every time we pop one and have to replace it, it just gets bigger.  I might even say this tube is TOO big.  Seriously, it's almost as big as the boat.

One of Josh's best moves--he took a lot of abuse and kept "plowing" forward!


The kids learned to play Charades and Simon Says.  Josh took more abuse, this time from my kids.


"Do they dare go into that spooky old tree?  Yes, they dare!"

Saw this on the shores of Lake Georgetown.  All it's missing are a few sharp-toothed buzzards!

3 comments:

The Hedges said...

Hooray for the most fun weekend ever! Thanks for having us. : )

PS LOVE the Spooky Old Tree! Having Dad give us the "shivers" is one of my favorite memories.

Tiffany said...

So, do I dare ask...have you seen any water snakes?!?

cjdustin said...

We just replaced our burned tube with one very similar to yours. You are right about the tubes growing! Ours is huge too but there isn't much fighting about whose turn it is. It's everyone's turn all the time!!