Have you ever started a project that seemed like a good idea when you thought of it, but part way through you are questioning your sanity? That's what I did today. I'm responsible for a Quarterly Primary Activity on Saturday, and we wanted to have the kids "make" a scripture journal. Now we all know that kids can't do that alone, so there is prep work in the background. The journals don't need to be long, and I wanted the kids to be able to decorate them and make them personal. And it had to be cheap, like $.50 each. Nothing at Target or Office Max fit the criteria. I even thought about just buying stacks of cheap spirals at Costco, but nothing was working. So John and I got the brilliant idea to make them using cardstock and plain paper. "You could just cut them, fold them and staple the middle," he said.
Well, of course, I can't just leave it at that. Erica did a thing for Primary once where she sewed the edges of a songbook for the kids. What a great idea! I can do that for my journals!
However, after counting out pages for 60 journals, now I am SICK of sewing, and the ribbon is making me crazy. But, I'm 60 percent finished, and I have saved the Primary money, so it's all good, right???
7 comments:
Too cute! What a dedicated leader you are.
I didn't know you were that talented..super cute!
They are Darling! And the kids will have such fun making them personal with their own ideas.
They look great! You are awesome!
They look darling!!!
We have all done projects like that which question our sanity, but you are doing what the Primary was encouraged to do this year. Pat yourself on the back.
Way to be the over achiever! They turned out really cute!
Those are so cute! I know exactly what you are talking about, I have done similar things many times....
Post a Comment