
This is the time you ask yourself, over and over, how much STUFF does one family need? John kept saying, "Throw it out, unless you're going to make me buy it again."
When this rig pulled up, I couldn't believe it was all for us! Well, it wasn't, we filled about 2/3 of it. Our ENTIRE house fit in 2/3 of this truck. How crazy is that?
Then another company came to pick up our car. It went on a car carrier. They delivered it one week after we got to Texas. I was so glad to see it! A car truly represents freedom, even if it looks crappy, like mine does. After all the stuff had been packed, I had cleaned the house (with Beth's help, of course) and the new owners had come by, John picked up the kids to go to the hotel while I went out one last time with my fabulous girlfriends. Luckily, they weren't all mopey and stuff! I love each of you, and am so grateful to have had you influence my life for good. I will miss you terribly.


The next morning before we pulled out for good, we went home and picked up the last of our stuff. We found three little cameras on the porch and assumed they were for the kids for our trip. I don't know who left them, but THANK YOU! They had a great time deciding what to shoot, and it kept them busy for a while. Then we drove around the neighborhood to say goodbye one last time. SO SAD!


3 comments:
You said it and I will repeat. If you have to move, that is the way to do it! I'm glad everything wenet so well. I still fell like there is a hole in the neighborhood though.
I really miss you
We miss you and your beautiful family. I wish you could have packed us up with you...you know how I always like the idea of a new adventure. Fortunately, Brad keeps us centered. But, if for some reason you happen to find some land that needs to be developed--think of me!!! I'll be there at least in spirit! And, by the way...I need to learn to take better pictures. The one of me at your farewell is frightful. So, my advice is for you to come back and we do some retakes! Give everyone a big hug and let us know when we can come for a girls weekend. Love you! P.S. Carrie Cannon is helping me put together a Kartchner Family Blog so that we can keep in contact with you!
Post a Comment