Monday, May 4, 2009

I Heart BYU

When we got to BYU for Women's Conference, we went to the new Hinckley Visitors' Center and booked us onto a guided tour of the campus. We always saw the carts going around, but had never ridden in one! Coleen kept saying, "I'm so excited! We're here for a Roommate Reunion! I'm giddy!" We felt like kids until the real kids in the Bookstore called us "Ma'am."

The J. Reuben Clark Law School with the famous "Y" in the background. Believe it or not, I never climbed up there!

The Brimhall building--Graphic Arts and Journalism in one of the oldest buildings on campus. Never went in there, either.


They were selling this mongo maple bar in the Marriott Center, called a "cougar tail" for $4.50! I opted to take a picture rather than buy one.

Me, Heather and Coleen at 6:45 am, singing in the Instant Choir. That means you get up REALLY early and practice for 2 hours to sing in the opening session of Women's Conference. This was one of the best weekends of my life!

5 comments:

Dannielle said...

How fun for you to do that - I want to do that someday. I heart BYU too

Nicole Jackson said...

I'm so glad that you had a great weekend! What a fun reunion idea! I might have to steal it! I've never been to women's conference but hopefully I can soon! I also heart BYU!

cjdustin said...

I love Women's Conf. so much I am so glad you got to go!!!

Thompson Tales said...

That looked like a great getaway with girlfriends!!! I love Colleen!! I never knew that you were her roommate. How is the house selling going? Stressful times here with Mikes job at HP, kind of sucks!!!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

I heart BYU too. Even though I never attended classes there, Max did and I was on campus with him a lot. Looks like you had a great weekend!!