Thursday, February 5, 2009

My New Favorite Afternoon Snack



Behold, the German Pancake. I never had these growing up. I know, it's a cheap Mormon staple. Well, not at my house! I have combined a couple of recipes into the following perfect concoction:

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
4 T. butter
2 T. sugar
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in 9x13 pan in preheating oven. Mix eggs, flour, milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour over hot butter and put back in hot oven. Bake about 20 minutes, until puffy and brown. Serve immediately with jam, syrup, or one of the lovely caramel syrup recipes in the ward cookbook!
The perfect snack! Hot, fast and filling. And TASTY!

5 comments:

Ericka said...

We have these all the time, but I've never added vanilla before. I'll have to try that. We always put powdered sugar on ours. They really are yummy!

Tiffany said...

I'm sure you meant to say "Hootenany Pancakes" instead. I will forgive the error. Hee Hee Hee!

cjdustin said...

I never had these growing up either Tamara so don't feel too bad. Now that I have discovered them though, we eat them all the time. I can't get enough!

Steph said...

Pete and my kids LOVE these. I will have to try out your recipe. Maybe tomorrow morning for breakfast!

Allison said...

I love these. They're also good to make a dessert with... add good creamy stuff: (cream cheese filling, pudding, swirled up...) good stuff!