I found out a little late that a program here called "Marathon Kids" is available to schools and homeschools alike. It's basically a non-profit organization that encourages kids to be healthy and fit by getting them to walk or run a marathon in about four months. They track it all and they are supposed to track the fruits and veggies they eat every day, too. So since the beginning of December, we have been walking together. Even Seth can go two miles without any help. Today was the "final lap" at the stadium, with medals and prizes, and LOTS of encouragement. The weather was gray and misty, but the kids ran the last .2 of their marathon with their dad--I took pictures.
Headed into the stadium to line up with our group.
With Dad at the starting line.
The Big Archway
Coming through the final archway.
My great kids with their medals!
Cute legs, huh?
What I liked is this was a program that got me involved in helping my kids to exercise. It's easy for me to go off and do my own routine, and they see me do that, but I need to teach them how to have their own routine and fitness goals. I love the Marathon Kids! And may I just point out--SHORTS IN FEBRUARY!
3 comments:
I love the "marathon kids", too. All 3 of them!!
So jealous of the shorts. We went to Mexico and came home to snow and temps in the TEENS!!! Not fun! It's so great to see what you're up to.
I like the 'shorts' comment. Looks like a Great program!
Post a Comment