Since the fall weather in Texas has been so lovely, and John has a whole week of vacation, we decided to explore another lake near our home today. Inks Lake is small, but when you are the only boat on it, it's plenty roomy!
See the beautiful changing leaves? The scenery was fabulous, the sun was shining, it was 80 degrees, and the kids went swimming. So, how was your Monday???
People have private boat docks along the lake on their property. No boats were in them. You'd think it was winter or something.
I tried out a new feature we found on our camera--monochromatic mode.
Our charming boat captain and tour guide.
We saw some wildlife too. Luckily, none of the snake variety, but this, I believe, is a blue heron.
Stately, huh?
And some seriously moth-eaten deer. This guy was like, "Oh, yawn, another photo op." You'd think gun-toting Texans would be down with killing more of these guys, but they are EVERYWHERE!!!
I love Texas in the fall. If anyone is considering a visit, October and November are the
BEST time of year to come.
Hint, hint.










2 comments:
Next year, Thanksgiving in Texas!!
Wow! That is so fun and I am so jealous! We just had our first snow!
Post a Comment