Saturday, August 14, 2010

Change

People ask us if we are still glad we moved to Texas.  Yes.  When you do what you think is right, with spiritual confirmation, the decision is the same the day you make it and a year down the road.  We knew this move would involve all kinds of change for us--leaving our ward and neighborhood, good friends, family, a home we loved, and a beautiful part of the country.  But, we also know, firmly, that when we follow the Lord, He blesses us in ways we cannot even imagine.

While we were in our apartment, we were serving in a ward that was very different from Harmony Ward.  Their challenges were completely different than we had experienced before, but while serving in that ward, John and I both learned and we saw miracles happen in our lives--daily.  Even though John felt stretched with his job and his calling, we saw the Lord make both happen for him, so he could successfully meet the demands of both responsibilities.  We had opportunities to be touched by people that we found to be strong and loving.

We are learning that change is not all that frightening.  You just live your life, and serve in the Church, and while your location may change, not much else does.  We are getting to know people and building a whole new network, which is hard to replace, but what I have learned is that I can move to a new city and be fine.  My family will be fine.  We look forward and not back.

If we have to, or choose to, do this again, it will be easier.  In fact, I was thinking of selling everything and moving to Provo last week.

But I won't.  This year.



2 comments:

Dannielle said...

I am so glad you are loving TX and that everything worked out for you.

The Army of Sork said...

I am sure missing you, especially at this great time for riding. I haven't even been out on my bike - maybe I should move to TX. I am so glad you are enjoying where you're at and what you're doing - I wouldn't expect any less of you or John. Tell the fam hello.