
John and I have never lived in an apartment together, since we bought our first house the week before our wedding. This has been a new experience. With most of our stuff in storage and very difficult to retrieve, our life is much simpler. It's easier to clean, easier to find things, and we live with much less stuff than we thought we could. We do say, "That's in storage, we'll get it back in a few months." But really, you can live quite comfortably with less stuff. REALLY!



Our apartment is pretty nice--it's new and has about 1400 square feet. The kitchen is small, but the bathrooms, closets and laundry room are quite large. We have 3 bedrooms, which are also good-sized, and my parents even stayed here comfortably with us for a couple of days. Seth moved into our closet on an air mattress. Our closet is bigger than the one we had in Washington! We even have a little computer desk that is functioning as our "office". Because the kitchen is small, I had to improvise a pantry, using shelves from our house and the hall closet to store food. The real drawback to apartment living is that the kids don't have a yard to play in and I can't just let them outside by themselves. The pool makes up for some of that. But all in all, we are enjoying the simplicity of apartment living. I think it's easier knowing that we'll eventually have a home again.

Our front door and little dining room. I want a new dining set, but we didn't want to buy one just to move it, so we are using folding chairs until we get into our home.

Our living room--somehow it looks the same when you put all the same furniture into it!

Our TINY kitchen and little office area to the left.

1 comment:
I love Texas closets, they really are bigger! That's a cute apt kitchen - in each place that Josh and I have lived since we were married our kitchens have gotten smaller to our now hallway-like kitchen that is so small that when the dishwasher is open you can't open the fridge. : (
Post a Comment